An Overview book explains the series’ philosophy and components, outlines the contents of each unit, and describes how to integrate the series into your existing curriculum.
Eight unit books each comprise a two-week sequence of investigations, games, and minilessons that foster a deep conceptual understanding of essential mathematical ideas.
- Bunk Beds and Apple Boxes: Early Number Sense
- Beads and Shoes: Making Twos: Extending Number Sense
- The Double-Decker Bus: Early Addition and Subtraction
- Organizing and Collecting: he Number System
- Measuring for the Art Show: Addition on the Open Number Line
- Trades, Jumps, and Stops: Early Algebra
- Ages and Timelines: Subtraction on the Open Number Line
- The T-Shirt Factory: Place Value, Addition, and Subtraction
Eight read-aloud books set the stage for learning with rich imaginable contexts designed around landmark numbers and meaningful number relationships.
- The Sleepover
- Grandma’s Necklace
- The Double-Decker Bus
- The Masloppy Family
- Measuring for the Art Show
- The Masloppy Family Goes to New York
- El Bisabuelo Gregorio
- Grandma Eudora’s T-Shirt Factory
Three yearlong resource guides provide strings of related problems that develop students’deep number sense and expand their repertoire of strategies formental arithmetic.
- Games for Early Number Sense
- Minilessons for Early Addition and Subtraction
- Minilessons for Extending Addition and Subtraction
Online Resources support your math workshop with a range of video and print resources.